Sunday 11 June 2017

Grizzly Bears of the Khutzeymateen, July 2016

This trip to The Khutzeymateen, a remote inlet in British Columbia, was much anticipated as I'd read positive feedback about this wonderful wilderness area. Alas, it turns out that mid July is not the optimal time to visit this area. The grizzly bears are viewable only from boat, and at this time of year, they're in the forest eating berries much of the time. We therefore saw only two bears during the entire trip. It's not inexpensive, as you have to hire a licensed private guide, and my advice when planning wildlife viewing of this nature is not to rely in the advice of commercial operators. My financial circumstances have changed since I booked this trip, yet I can dream of returning one day in June or September.







































No comments:

Post a Comment