Sunday 23 October 2022

Zimanga Game Reserve, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, August 14-20 2022

 

The inspiration for visiting the KwaZulu-Natal was the discovery of a game reserve focused on the needs of photographers. Zimanga is not inexpensive, but it sounded like a dream location. As it turned out, had a thoroughly miserable time, despite capturing many images in my week there. The management attributes these difficulties to me, and strongly contest my account of the stay on Tripadvisor. The one thing we do agree on is that Zimanga isn't for me. Sadly, despite my joy during my stays at two other lodges, the mere thought of this distressing week still sends me into panic, and it's killed any desire I had to return to Africa in the near future. Certainly, it is a long way from the wilderness experiences I have loved so much in other locations. I believe that we should observe the beauty of nature without manipulating or exploiting it for our pleasure. The photo above is of a cheetah; observing these animals was a positive aspect of my stay, and if you're able to overlook the way the reserve is run, you may find it a more positive inspiration.

White Rhino

Black-backed Jackal


Elephant

Zebra Waxbills
Ring-necked Dove
Cape Starling
Golden-breasted Bunting
White-backed Vultures


Leopard

No comments:

Post a Comment