Thursday 30 December 2021

Churchill Polar Bears 2nd November 2021


After a pandemic related gap in 2020, I almost miraculously made it back to Churchill in November 2021 for my eleventh visit. This time, I travelled by rental car from Winnipeg to Thompson, MB and then took the train overnight to Churchill. The 475 mile drive was somewhat monotonous on the way out, but rather too interesting on the return. I drove into a major snow storm in Southern Manitoba just as darkness fell. I have immense gratitude to the good Samaritan who pulled me out of the ditch in a remote section of Highway 6. I will take the train from Winnipeg next time (or fly if I have to), but if you attempt to drive to Thompson in November, make sure you secure a suitable vehicle, not the compact city car I was given.

Contents



No comments:

Post a Comment