Saturday 13 May 2023

Volunteer Point, East Falkland, Nov 30 - Dec 2 2022

Volunteer Point, is one of the best locations globally to view the charismatic King Penguin, and in my view, an essential part of any visit to The Falkland Islands. The majority of visitors come on a day trip from Stanley which involves a lengthy ride in a Land Rover, but I was lucky enough to stay at the Wardens' Cottage for two nights. This not only avoided the bumpy commute each day from Stanley, but gave the chance of being there for sunset and sunrise. I seemed to spend even more time cleaning sand from my camera equipment here than previously, thanks to the incredibly bracing winds; however I didn't regret my visit at all.

Falkland Islands 2022 Contents:

Introduction

Sea Lion Island (Nov 21-23)

Sea Lion Island Elephant Seals (Nov 21-23)

Saunders Island (Nov 24-26)

Carcass Island (Nov 27-29)

Carcass Island Elephant Seals (Nov 28)

Volunteer Point (Nov 30- Dec 2)

King Penguin























Gentoo Penguin







No comments:

Post a Comment